Search result for JAPAN
- Hitachi announces the abolishment of ‘hanko’ seals for internal paperwork by 2022.
- It intends to do so by March 2022 and also reduce paper copies by 70 percent.
- The company also intends to slash the number of ...
- Database of babysitters convicted for sexual assault to be created by Japan’s Health Ministry.
- This is to prevent them from continuing to work with children in the future unknown of their acts.
- The plan to cre...
- Japan Health Ministry announces low death rate of severe COVID-19 patients.
- The proportion of death from ‘second wave’ COVID-19 infections began to fall since June.
- The ministry analyzed cases of around ...
- Japan reports the number of babies born in 2020 to drop in record low.
- The drop is expected to be around 845,000.
- In 2019, the record was below 865,239.
- The Japanese govt. is said to release an initial estimat...
- Scholars rejected from Japan’s scientific body states Suga’s action violated the law.
- The rejection is said to have violated the Constitution as well as the Act on the Science Council of Japan.
- The researchers...
- Japan’s new PM being tested for his ability following a month of joining office.
- Suga is currently under controversy for his refusal to allow few scholars to join govt. advisory body.
- Suga will be joining the extra...
- Decision to release Fukushima Nuclear Plant’s treated water currently put off.
- The earlier decision to do so triggered strong opposition from fishermen.
- Japan’s Economy, Trade and Industry Minister mentioned ...
- Japan to send a new team of experts to Mauritius over oil spill clean-up.
- The team is said to include officials from Japan International Cooperation Agency.
- Japan has told the Mauritian Prime Minister that it will provide...
- Shibuya Ward’s mayor asks people to celebrate Halloween online.
- Youngsters usually flock to the Scramble Crossing annually during festivities.
- The ward has requested 42 stores to refrain from selling liquor on Oct. ...
- Japan's defense minister and Okinawa Gov. remain silent over military base relocation.
- Kishi visited Okinawa for the first time after being posted as a defense minister last month.
- Okinawa accounts for about 70 percen...
- Japan NPA to stop using ‘hanko’ seals for administrative procedures.
- Police nationwide handle 315 types of administrative applications.
- The NPA is said to revise the Cabinet Office ordinance.
- The pr...
- Japan’s Shionogi & Co. was hit by a cyberattack leading to a data breach.
- The drug firm’s Taiwanese subsidiary was hit by the cyberattack last month.
- Import licenses for medical equipment and employee res...
- Japan and the UK signed the most anticipated post-BREXIT free trade agreement.
- Foreign Minister of Japan and British International Trade Secretary signed the same.
- The agreement will remove tariffs on Japanese cars in sta...
- Core consumer prices in September fell by 0.3 percent in Japan.
- Accommodation fees fell by 30.0 percent in September.
- The electricity bill sank by 3.4 percent.
- Bank of Japan will hold a two-day policy meeting s...
- COVID019 infection risk test to be done at the Tokyo Dome.
- The test will be the second of its kind to take place at a pro-baseball stadium.
- Between Oct. 30 and Nov. 1, a similar experiment will be held at Yokohama Stadiu...
- Two dead while working at a manhole in Ibaraki prefecture.
- Two men fell around 7 meters to the bottom of a manhole.
- The pair spent about two-and-a-half-hour at the bottom before being sent to the hospital.
- The ...
- Department store sales in September fell by 33.6 percent in Japan.
- In August the sales in department stores fell by 22 percent.
- In the reporting month, sales totaled about $3.1 billion at 196 outlets.
- The deman...
- Tokyo stocks ended lower on Thursday; yen stronger.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 165.19 points.
- Topix index ended at 17.81 points.
- Stock issues saw a decline in air transportation, pharmace...
- Japan to use facial recognition technology at the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics.
- The technology was originally intended for security purposes.
- The record data will hopefully prevent cluster infections.
- The me...
- Yoshihide Suga vowed to cut down greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050.
- The Prime Minister will include the pledge in the upcoming diet session.
- Japan expects to cut down emissions to net-zero.
- The current emission...