Search result for Supreme Court
• Indian government will look at taking a stand on the cryptocurrency domain
• Technology is something that India cannot ignore
• Supreme Court Justice on Thursday delivered her first opinion against an environmental group that sought access to government records
• Barrett wrote for a 7-2 court stating that certain draft documents do not have to be disclosed under the federal Freee...
• This decision by the top court is another defeat to the former Republican president and is the apparent culmination of a lengthy legal tussle
• This move by the Supreme Court holds extreme significance as the tax records of Donald Trump are not supposed ...
• Many high profile federal judges are retiring in the next week
• Biden shall be under pressure to ensure that...
- S. Korea’s Supreme Court upholds guilty convictions of Samsung Executives.
- The former and current executives are accused of sabotaging labor union activities at a subsidiary company.
- Kang Kyung Hoon, a vice presiden...
• 36 US Congress members urged the nation to undertake a complete review of acquittal of Ahmed Omar Saeed Shaikh in the case of 2002 killing of the Wall Street Journal journalist Daniel Pearl
• In the month of January, Pakistan’s Supreme Court had or...
• According to the reports, the United States Supreme Court was given an all-clear immediately following a bomb threat that alerted the authorities
• Though the court is closed at present in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, initially it was reported that the...
- S. Korea’s ex-President Park Guen Hye sentenced 20 years in prison by Supreme Court.
- The former President of South Korea has been sentenced for a high-profile corruption case.
- Park has been reported to be involved i...
• Speaking on the Senate floor on Tuesday, McConnell said “The Electoral College has spoken. So today I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden.”
• Even after the election results were announced, McConnell never acknowledged Biden’...
• This ruling was championed by ex Secretary of Kansas State Kris Kobach, who happens to be an ally of the incumbent US President Donald Trump
• This Republican-backed law required people seeking to register to vote in Kansas to present a U.S. passport, bi...
• The order issued by the country’s top court was second in this week as on Tuesday, as the justices had rejected an appeal from Pennsylvania Republicans on Tuesday
• President Donald Trump and his team are trying relentlessly to overturn the electio...
- Japan SC contests the constitutionality of common surnames among spouses.
- The Supreme Court’s petty bench referred to three domestic cases for the above reason.
- The cases were filed by 3 couples in common-law marria...
- Japan SC rejects the appeal of Anri Kawai accused of violating election laws.
- The former ruling party member may lose her parliament seat due to the ongoing legal suit.
- The decision of appeal was made by the Supreme Cour...
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo had recently order that a maximum of only 10 people are permitted to gather at the sites of worship in high-risk designated “red zones”
• The measures violated the First Amendment's protection of the free ex...
• The U.S. President in a press conference said “This is a major fraud in our nation. We want the law to be used in a proper manner. So, we will be going to the US Supreme Court.”
• President Trump said “We want all voting to stop. We don...
• Barrett received 52-48 votes on Monday that gave the court a 6-3 conservative majority that could determine the future of the Affordable Care Act and abortion rights
• Barrett's confirmation was opposed by all the Democrats as they voted against it a...
- Supreme Court freshly appointed president Metinee Chalodhorn, the new has declared her arrangements to advance equity and uniformity, remembering the decrease of superfluous confinement for the realm's legal framework
The 46th Su...
- SC of Japan rules against Japan Post Co. denying allowance to fixed-term employees.
- Japan Post Co. earlier had denied allowance to the above as it pays to regular workers.
- The court’s No.1 Petty Bench presided over ...
• As per the reports, the court is likely to allow the immediate enforcement of a subpeona issued by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. or block it on temporary basis
• Even if the Supreme Court gives its decision against the U.S. President, his t...
- Supreme Court in Japan rules in favour of an employer for not paying bonus.
- The employer had denied bonus to an employer on a short-term contract with an hourly wage.
- The Supreme Court’ No. 3 Petty Bench, presided o...