Search result for United Nations
- The United Nations human rights officials have raised serious human rights concerns over Australia’s India travel ban
- Rupert Colville said that, they have serious concerns about whether the penalties for the travel rules breach meets...
- China and U.S to exchange views on the UN Climate Change conference.
- China’s special climate envoy, Xie Zhenhua, will meet with his U.S. counterpart John Kerry.
- Kerry has been invited by the Chinese ministry of ecol...
• Guterres said that in order to end the pandemic on global level, there is a need for a global vaccination plan, and the US can play a vital role in this
• The UN chief also called on the US to play leading role in global climate action
- A survey conducted by the United Nations UK have revealed that, almost all the young women in the UK have faced sexual harassment
- The survey has found that, 97 percent of the women aged 18 to 24 years have revealed that, they had faced sex...
- Foreign Direct Investment in Seoul records $10.2 billion in 2020.
- Seoul continued to maintain an upward trend in FDI since 2017.
- South Korea’s overall FDI however fell11 percent.
- Seoul saw an increase in ...
• US vice president Harris will address an annual United Nations meeting on the promotion of gender equality and women empowerment
• According to US Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the US Vice President will be speaking at the vir...
- Myanmar's UN Ambassador Kyaw Moe Tun, representing the nation's chosen democratic government removed in a military overthrow on Feb 1, engaged the United Nations on Friday (Feb 26) to utilize any methods important to make a move against the My...
- UN Climate Change campaign appoints BLACKPINK as its advocates to raise awareness.
- The k-pop girl group received a personal letter from British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- The group has been invited to serve as advocate...
• This confirmation was made on Tuesday and displays the Biden administration's determination to reengage with the UN
• Linda Thomas-Greenfield is all set to become the third African American and the second American woman to take over this role...
• In the year 2018, the US under leadership of Trump had withdrew itself from the council after accusing the UN Human Rights Council of unfair targeting of Israel
• The Biden administration has recommitted the US to a foreign policy centred on democracy, h...
- China State Councilor meets Cyprus FM; vows to strengthen bilateral ties.
- Chinese State Councilor made a stopover in Cyprus on his official trip to Africa.
- China wishes to build a green, healthy and digital silk road with...
- China and Russia’s president vows to maintain close contact over various fields.
- Xi exchanged New Year congratulations with Putin,
- The China-Russia Year of Scientific and Technological Innovation program was launche...
- China investments with EU states under threat over EP resolution on Uyghurs.
- The EP passed a resolution on Dec. 18 on forced labour and conditions of Uyghurs.
- Uyghurs and other primarily Muslim ethnic minorities live in X...
- Thai majority rule government demonstrators organized rallies at the UN's Bangkok office and requested the body to press the realm into canceling royal laws they state are being utilized to stifle their movement
23 leaders are de...
• This new report made by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission comes at a time when several countries are raising concerns about China’s growing influence in UN bodies
• An American commission has recommended that the United States ...
- U.N panel’s criticism on the detention of Carlos Ghosn leads Japan to lodge a protest.
- Nissan Motor's ex-boss has been alleged over financial misconduct.
- On Friday, the Japanese Foreign Ministry lodged the prote...
- Nagasaki city assembly urges Japan Govt. to sign and ratify U.N nuclear ban treaty.
- The central govt. has been urged to attend meetings of the member states of the nuclear ban treaty.
- The local assembly seeks that nuclea...
- Japan announces to not join the U.N treaty for the ban of nuclear weapons.
- Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan Katsunobu Kato announced the same.
- U.N announced The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons is set to ente...
- Japan willing and ready to become permanent member of the U.N Security Council.
- According to the current status, the Security Council has five permanent members.
- Japan has held one of the 10 rotating Security Council slo...
- The Permanent Representative of Russia to UN has warned against the US push to snap back the UN sanctions against Iran.
- Russian Foreign Minister also said that such move from USA would only undermine the authority of UN Security Council.