Search result for Hong Kong
- Among 24 charged for gathering illegally to commemorate Tiananmen Square crackdown of June 4 were Hong Kong activists Joshua Wong Chi-Fung and Nathan Law Kwun-Chung.
50% of those who have been charged are already facing incitement fo...
- Britain and Japan discussed extensively on various international issues.
- Both countries stand together on the Hong Kong issue.
- Defense and security co-operation was also discussed.
- The two countries are aiming ...
- A newspaper staff put allegations on a Chinese travel agency for giving their headshots on a ‘doxxing’ web platform.
- Stand news confirmed that the staff of Apple Daily is published on a doxxing site recently.
- Businesses in Hong Kong are sliced up in parts for picking sides as the US-China war widens implementing various laws, say researchers.
Attorneys working for the loan specialists have been occupied. Their customers have become progre...
- Carrie Lam, chief of Hong Kong has urged on a TV program to respect the voting rights of the people living in the greater bay after the most talked Legco Elections postponement was announced. This statement has stirred a worrisome atmosphere in Hong K...
- After the sweeping security law passed, many democracy fighters have escaped the city fearing execution
- The USA has promised to provide a safe-haven for all those on humanitarian grounds. This move comes as China has ended the One Nation Tw...
- HK Leader Carrie Lam announces the delay of the elections due to health concerns
The European Union has added its voice communicating worry over Hong Kong's postponed Administrative Council races.
It said the year-long ...
- Tensions are increasing between China and UK.
- PM Boris Johnson has decided to change UK's extradition arrangements with Hong Kong.
- Extradition deal has been suspended by UK for now.
- China is angry with the latest m...
- Carrie Lam said she assumes Hong Kong's people support the decision of postponement of elections until next year.
Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-Ngor likewise said the legislature could manage any expected reaction to the postponement, in...
- Hong Kong might see a delay in the electoral polls citing the pandemic reasons
The Hong Kong government is believed to defer the Legco due to a spike of coronavirus in Hong Kong. There is yet a clarification on how much time it is go...
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has urged democratic nations to ally themselves against the Chinese Communist Party.
- Wang Yi’s is appealing to German government to not to “give in to US pressure”.
- German forei...
- Joshua Wong, the freshly disqualified candidate has vowed to fight the battle. He is one of Hong Kong's most profound leaders of democracy. The elections, however, could be postponed.
Electoral Decisions for Hong Kong's Legis...
- All the candidates who had failed to accept the basic law and national security law are disqualified from the political race citing various issues and threat to the unity of the country
- Their intentions have been speculated amidst the selec...
- Benny Tai fires from his university where he was a professor.
- He also happens to be a major pro-democracy candidate involved in the 2014 democracy movement. This move of the university is a portrayal of a staggering hit to academic freedom ...
- Hong Kong is leading to a major outbreak of coronavirus pandemic says leader Carrie Lam.
She has urged people to stay indoors as strict new measures to curb the disease's spread with effect from 29th July. Strict social distancin...
- As the city is enveloped with the coronavirus outbreak, people are in dire need of money, to push the people out of the financial crisis, the government of Hong Kong has laid out cash provisions through a scheme that will allow people to use the money...
- Hong Kong police caught a phishing gang of the international level present in the neighborhood by capturing five individuals of the pack they state took the individual information of 2 billion individuals around the world.
The con ar...
- Beijing in retaliation move has disclosed that Hong Kong will terminate its extradition treaties with Australia, Britain, and Canada, following the three nations' previously declared choice to suspend such arrangements with Hong Kong.
- Japanese firms in Hong Kong are concerned about the new security law.
- The survey suggests around 81.4% of Japanese firms being concerned about the same.
- The Consulate-general of Japan in Hong Kong and JETRO had conducted...
- UK parliament gives an apt response to China’s sweeping law, allows BNO visa holders for staying in the UK for five years
The British government has given a green signal for all Hong Kong nationals for citizenship needing to es...