Search result for JAPAN
- Japanese govt. plans to support the development of batteries for electric vehicles.
- An action plan for the same is said to be compiled by the end of this year.
- Prime Minister of Japan has pledged to cut greenhouse ga...
- Partial lockdowns in European states lead Tokyo stock to end lower.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 86.57 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues of TSE finished at 1.62 points.
- Stock i...
- Suga vows in making Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics safe for foreign visitors.
- Suga gave a virtual speech at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development conference.
- The Olympics and Paralympics were postponed...
- Japan’s 3 major mobile phone carriers to put out cheaper plans as per govt. request.
- KDDI Corp. will start offering a 20 GB plan for 3,980 yen.
- An action plan by the govt. was released to spur competition among tel...
- Japan International Cooperation Agency to provide support for foreign workers.
- The organization will be established in Nov.16.
- The name of the agency is the Japan Platform for Migrant Workers toward Responsible and Inclus...
- BOJ in policy meeting cuts its economic growth and inflation projections.
- The central bank kept its ultra-easy monetary policy intact.
- BOJ kept the short-term interest rates at minus 0.1 percent.
- The BOJ a...
- Tokyo stocks opened lower on Monday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average lost 156.53 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down at 7.79 points.
- Stock issues saw a decline in securities ...
- Extrordinary diet session begins in Japan; PM Suga questioned by opposition.
- Yukio Edano from CDPJ criticized the PM’s decision of members of the Science Council.
- The extraordinary diet session began on Monday. ...
- Japanese Govt. calling people to take extended New Year holidays.
- The remark has caused concern among LDP members.
- LDP Diet Affairs Committee Chairman Hiroshi Moriyama commented on the same.
- PM Yoshihide Suga ...
- BOJ begins a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday to assess the economy.
- BOJ in July had forecasted the economy to shrink by 4.7 percent in fiscal 2020.
- The central bank also forecasted the consumer price index to drop by ...
- Japanese Govt. considering extending ‘Go To Travel’ subsidy program until January.
- The new date has so far not been determined.
- The government plans to draft a third supplementary budget for fiscal 2020. ...
- Tokyo stocks ended lower on Wednesday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 67.29 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on TSE ended at 4.98 points.
- Stock issues saw a decline in mining, i...
- Finance Ministry of Japan upgrades the country’s regional economies for 2nd quarter.
- The ministry’s 11 regional bureaus also upgraded their independent assessments.
- The ministry pointed out the ‘Go To Tr...
- Tokyo stocks trade low on Wednesday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average lost by 75.04 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues of TSE was down 9.92 points.
- Stock issues decline in insurance, iron and st...
- Japan to expand use of ammonia as fuel and cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.
- Expert reports suggest that Ammonia does not emit carbon dioxide when burned.
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Fuel Department set up a cou...
- Japanese media asks U.S Govt. to reconsider changes to Visa rules for foreign journalists.
- The name of the association is - Japan Newspaper Publishers & Editors Association.
- The association submitted its request to th...
- JAL expects a net loss of around $1.9 billion for fiscal 2020.
- The airline has not provided its forecast for the current fiscal year to March 2021.
- JAL introduced new accounting standards from fiscal 2020.
- U.N Secretary-General welcomes Japan PM’s pledge to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
- Yoshihide Suga has pledged to cut down emissions to net-zero by 2050.
- The U.N Chief and Japan’s PM spoke on the phone to discus...
- Japanese government eyes an action plan to lower domestic mobile phone fees.
- Prime Minister of Japan has asked the govt. to push the plan through.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications will set up a website for...
- Japanese lawmaker Anri Kawai granted bail by Tokyo District Court.
- The lawmaker was indicted on a charge of vote-buying during an election last year.
- Kawai was arrested in June with her husband Katsuyuki.
- Both ...