Search result for typhoon
Typhoon Lan moved northward over the Sea of Japan on Wednesday after bringing torrential rainfall to western regions of Japan, injuring 49 people and disrupting train service during the summer vacation season.
Due to heavy rain in central Japan, direct bullet train service between the c...
Typhoon Khanun pummeled Japan's southwestern Okinawa and Kagoshima prefectures for a second day in a row with heavy rain and gusty winds on Thursday, leaving two people dead and moving so slowly that the storm's destructive impact could be prolonged.
Khanun, which means "ja...
Typhoon Hinnamnor, the 11th of this year, passed over South Korea on Tuesday, leaving one person dead and two others unaccounted for, according to the government.
Eight more people were reported missing in Pohang, North Gyeongsang Province, though they were not counted by the federal go...
Typhoon Hinnamnor, which could be the most severe storm to hit the Korean Peninsula in two decades, is headed towards South Korea and is predicted to affect the country until Tuesday, following which it is projected to travel north-northeast.
According to the Korea Meteorological Admini...
Typhoon Kompasu, made a landfall on the Hainan province in China. The typhoon landed on the coast of Boao Township in the city of Qionghai at 3.30 p.m. The Hainan meteorological service quoted that packing winds up to 118.8 km per hour were witnessed.
- Weather agencies have warned against landslides and flooding
- Nearly 7,000 people lost electricity in their homes
On Saturday, the weather agencies gave warnings of landslides and flooding because of Typhoon Chanthu. T...
- Department store sales in September fell by 33.6 percent in Japan.
- In August the sales in department stores fell by 22 percent.
- In the reporting month, sales totaled about $3.1 billion at 196 outlets.
- The deman...
- Typhoon Chan-hom hits Japans’ Izu Island on Sunday.
- This is the country’s 14th typhoon in the year.
- Japan Meteorological Agency has warned of a possible storm on the Island of Honshu.
- On Saturday, t...
- Japan Meteorological Agency (JIMA) warns about typhoon Chan-hom.
- JIMA mentioned typhoon to hit western and eastern Japan between Oct.10 and 11.
- On Oct.9, as of 10 a.m (JST), the typhoon was located about 270 km in western...
- A new development has taken place in Burger King and Mcdonald fast food brands here.
- Burgers from fast food haunts including McDonald's and Burger King will be dished out without tomato slices for an indefinite period due to a shortage of supply here.
- Japan reported 1 death and 108 injured due to typhoon Haishen.
- A woman in her 70s in Kagoshima prefecture died after falling in a street gutter while trying to evacuate.
- Around 23,000 people in 11 prefectures were taking...
- Typhoon Haishen made contact just north of the South Korean city of Busan on Monday morning, wrecking power to homes and factories, uprooting trees, and abrupting trains leaving them cancelled and flights grounded.
- The storm, with heavy gales and powerful gusts of winds of as m...
- After Maysak, typhoon Haishen brings in fierce winds and rain in Japan.
- Several rivers on the main southwestern islands of Kyushu were at risk.
- Haishen is considered to be powerful and is also large in its reach of areas...
- 18 people injured in main island of Kyushu due to typhoon Maysak.
- Typhoon Haishen is expected to approach the area on Sunday or Monday.
- The tenth typhoon in the country, Haishen, could hit Okinawa prefecture by Friday.
- Typhoon Maysak swept across South Korea, leaving one person dead and another injured in its wake.
- It also caused power outages, disrupting transportation and damaging homes and farmland, authorities said Thursday.
The weather agency warns of another typhoon, p...
- Japan Meteorological Agency reports typhoon Maysak approaching Kyushu region with strength.
- Typhoon Maysak is the ninth tropical storm of 2020.
- On Sept.2, as of 10:50 AM, the typhoon was located north of the Okinawa pref...
- Search operation launched to search missing freighter by the Japan Coast Guard.
- A freighter with 43 foreign crew members and about 5,800 cattle aboard.
- The freighter went missing while travelling the East China Sea. ...
- Typhoon Maysak that blew over southern Japan islands now headed towards both Koreas.
- Typhoon Maysak blew over Japan islands on Tuesday.
- The Japanese Meteorological Agency reported that the typhoon was expected over Kyush...
- Typhoon Maysak, with origins in the Pacific Ocean east of the Philippines, is on track to hit Busan and southern parts of the Korean Peninsula this week, the national weather agency said Sunday.
- The Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA) said the ninth deadly storm of this y...
- Japan Metrological Agency reports surge in typhoons; stronger and slow moving.
- An average of 1.2 more typhoons has reached Tokyo in 2019 as compared to 1980.
- The number of typhoons in a season increased by about 1.2 over...