Search result for Air Pollution
- The European commission have referred France to the Court of Justice of the European Union for failing to protect the citizens of France against the poor quality of air
- The European Union executive said that, France did not respect the dai...
• Dr. Spellberg cited many studies conducted in the United States, Italy and China that said exposure of lung tissue to pollution may increase susceptibility to viral infections
• Whenever the lining of the lung or the airways becomes inflated or damaged, ...
- It is despite the nationwide reduction in pollution levels since the 1980s
- The most polluted census tracts in 2016 remained the same as those of 1981
According to a new study, the wealthy white Americans still gets c...
- In the UK, dirty air is estimated to cause 40,000 early deaths a year
- Studies suggest a linkage between air pollution and increased Covid-19 infection rates
In the UK, dirty air is estimated to cause 40,000 early de...
• Mayor of the Paris Anne Hidalgo stated that increased pollution can worsen the current health crisis
• The Paris government is encouraging the use of bike lanes and buses in order to create more space for pedestrians and cyclists
• Mayor H...
- Auto LPG emits less carbon dioxide as compared to petrol and diesel.
- South Korea is promoting the use of auto LPG as a road transport fuel.
- South Korea is the largest auto LPG consumer in the world.
Scottish environmentalists are vehemently protesting the construction of a proposed £120 million flyover at the Sheriffhall roundabout on the A720 City Bypass in 2017. The flyover is to be built as part of Edinburgh’s £1bn City Region Deal.
The plans to build the ...
A new research states that living within 50 meters of a major busy road may stunt lung growth in children by 3 – 14% and increase the risk of lung cancer by 10%.
The research is conducted at King's College London. It was studied by a coalition of 15 environments and health NGO...