Search result for United Kingdom
- Construction companies in the UK report an increase in their activities.
- Companies reported growth in construction services for the month of June.
- Only 7 % of the British economic output accounts for construction se...
- Father of British Prime Minister – Stanley Johnson criticized.
- Despite the ‘only essential travel’ guideline, Stanley Johnson flew to Greece.
- Mr. Stanley defended his decision for the travel as a busine...
- Financial Conduct Authority has lifted the restriction on Wirecard.
- Wirecard can now resume its payment activities.
- Wirecard had earlier disclosed of missing $2.13 billion from its balance sheet.
- Services were ...
- The city of Leicester has a higher COVID-19 infection rate in the UK.
- Leicester recorded around 135 cases per 100,000 within seven days.
- Health Secretary urged people to avoid all non-essential travel to and from Leiceste...
- Certain relaxations for overseas travelers in the UK.
- A Revision on the previous compulsory self-isolation rule has been made.
- The UK is ready to open its doors for several European country travelers.
- Traffic l...
- Late Thursday, Liverpool FC won the Premier League Championships.
- Liverpool won the championship after a long 30-year dry spell.
- It is Liverpool's 19th top-flight title and their first since 1989-90.
- The UK has begun its first phase of vaccine trials on humans.
- Many volunteers are being immunized with the new vaccine.
- Previously a test on animals was done prior to injecting on humans.
- The second phase of tr...
- Sterling hits lowest in three months’ time against Euro.
- The Euro did better due to French economic activities rebounding.
- The pound fell at 90.775 pence per euro.
- Against the dollar, the pound was up 0.4...
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson has eased social distancing rules after a review.
- Relaxation of one-metre social distancing has been ordered.
- Mr. Johnson mentioned infection rates to be falling in England.
- The UK car industry is bound to a loss this month due to the pandemic.
- More than 6,000 jobs have been lost.
- The industry is concerned about securing a trade deal with the EU.
- With the ease in lockdown showrooms...
- The UK government brings in new rules to business in the country.
- Changes will be made to the legislation to protect future pandemics.
- It will cover pharmaceutical companies.
- Changes in the 2002 Enterprise Act....
- UK Government may relax 2m distance rule after a review.
- Hospitality and leisure sector workers have complained about the rule previously.
- The review applies only to England.
- Britain has the third-highest numbe...
- Spain's government has declared new rules for UK tourists entering the country.
- UK tourists need to go to quarantine on arrival in Spain.
- UK visitors will go through a "triple-check" upon arrival to Spain.
- Logistics firm DPD to create 6,000 new UK-based jobs.
- DPD service demand has risen due to the rise in online shopping.
- 2,500 new full-time positions, 3,500 new drivers to be recruited.
- The firm will invest...
- DHSC asks all the hospital staff to test for coronavirus twice a week.
- Routine testing will help keep possible track of the virus.
- As many as 30% of infections could be missed by a single swab test.
- Experts are concer...
- Prime Minister of Britain plans to merge two former ministries.
- Foreign Office ministry and International Development ministry will merge into a new venture.
- The new ministry will be called the Foreign, Commonwealth, and ...
- The recession caused by COVID-19 pandemic has deeply hurt the property market in Japan.
- ASI from United Kingdom (UK) had collaborated with Japan‘s SMTB to launch a residential venture in Japan.
- Due to recession, the plans ...
- Japan and UK are planning free trade agreement.
- Hiroshi Kajiyama and Liz Truss are holding negotiations.
The lockdowns due to coronavirus have caused damage to economies worldwide. Both Japan and United Kingdom (UK) aim to...
- Commission organized to review the 2m social distancing guideline.
- The review is aimed to be completed by July 4.
- Currently, the 2m distance has been implemented by all nations of the UK.
- The review committee w...
- UK Government had introduced import controls on EU goods in January.
- After the Brexit transition period finishes the UK Government will be lenient on EU border checks.
- Checks on exports to the EU will be determined by Bru...